Hotel Policies & Notices
Policies are in place to ensure you have an enjoyable, comfortable and secure stay
We look forward to welcoming you to the Blue Horizon Hotel
- Reserved rooms must be cancelled by noon (12 pm) twenty-four (24) hours prior to the reservation arrival date, to avoid a cancellation fee of one night room and tax. You must have a cancellation number from the hotel to confirm a cancelled reservation. Should you not arrive for your confirmed arrival date, there will be a charge of one night’s room and tax, and the remainder of the reservation dates will be released. The hotel reserves the right to cancel a reservation with an invalid credit card without notice.
Please Note: Our cancellation policy may vary for special events and conferences. Please inquire directly with the Hotel.
- Room rates include up to double occupancy, are quoted in Canadian dollars (CAD) and are exclusive of applicable taxes.
5% Goods and Services Tax
3% Municipal Regional District Tax
8% Provincial Tax
*Subject to change without notice
- The hotel allows a maximum of three (3) adults per room. There is an additional $20 per night charge for a third person. The Hotel does not have rollaway beds or cots available. A family with children 16 and under may have four (4) people in the same room. Children sixteen (16) years and under stay free with their parents. Cribs are available upon request. Maxiumum 1 crib per room.
- Minimum age for check-in is 19 years old.
- We accept the following credit cards for guarantee and payment of your accommodations: Visa, American Express and MasterCard. Reservation credit cards are for guarantee only.
- You must have a valid credit card and government issued photo identification are required at check in. Third party credit cards are not accepted.
- Please note: The Blue Horizon Hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize the provided credit cards up to the full reservation amount 48 hours prior to reservation arrival date.
- At check- in the total room charges and tax for your stay plus a $200 deposit for incidentals will be pre-authorized . The pre-authorization completion (purchase) is completed at check out.
- Non-valid credit cards will result in automatic cancellation of the reservation.
- Third party credit cards are not accepted for payment.
- Check in starts at 3pm. Check out time is 11am. Same day storage is available for guest luggage.
- Unlimited in-and-out parking is available at a rate of $17.95 per day) plus applicable taxes. Parking rates and taxes are subject to change without notice. Maximum parking height is 6 feet 2 inches or 1.85 meters.
- The hotel is 100% non-smoking, including on the balconies. If you smoke in the room, a penalty will be charged to your credit card on file.
- We love animals, but the Hotel does not allow pets in the rooms.
Starting November 20, 2017, the pool and fitness area will be closed for renovations and reopen in late March 2018.
Pool + Fitness Area
We are inspired by our views of ocean calm to create a space for unwinding and re-energizing. The space will have a new ambiance, with the colour palate being influenced by local granite, soft woods and ocean blues, complete with stylish new LED lighting.
The new space will have two separate fitness areas – one to workout with fitness equipment and free weights, and a second quieter area with more focus on stretching, both looking out at a landscaped garden. We will have a larger whirlpool and new steam room for relaxing. The swimming pool will retain its current size and location.